Latest OnTrack News
In the Summer of 2020, OnTrack gave out its second round of scholarships to seniors who use the OnTrack program. These seniors completed the OnTrack program and filled out our application, including a creative submission about mentorship. It was difficult choosing just 17 recipients with the quality of submissions we received.
The diverse group of winners attend schools/programs from 8 states across the country.
We had the 17 winners send in videos and the Uncommon Individual Foundation’s Media team put together this edited version showcasing the recipients:
2019-2020 School Year Data
In the Spring of 2017, OnTrack began working with an independent education data consulting firm called School Frontiers. With School Frontiers’ help, we developed knowledge-based pre- and post-surveys. Here’s what those surveys from the 2019-20 school year showed:
- More than 5,000 students used the online version of OnTrack this year.
- Despite increasing our number of partners, the satisfaction rate of our partners increased from 4.5/5 to 4.7/5 from last year to this year.
- This was our second year using questions developed with School Frontiers to better test how our program helps students.
The jump in knowledge can particularly be seen on questions where students struggled on the pre-survey:
- Over the four grade levels, we asked 41 knowledge-based questions
- We then looked at students who completed both the pre- and post-surveys
- Students’ aggregate score went up for every single question we asked.
- On average, their scores went up more than 27 percentage points per question
Here are a few examples:
- We asked 11th graders a question about using BLS.gov to research careers. 32% of them got it right on the pre-survey, while 69% of them got it right on the post-survey (a 37% increase).
- We asked 12th graders a question about the grace period for loans. 39% of them got the answer right on the pre-survey, while 72% of them got it right on the post-survey (a 33% increase).